Russell Caller is one of Gillhams’ Consutants. He leads the way with a breadth and depth of experience, a unifying personality and an incisive legal mind.
Russell's expertise spans the firm's areas of law and is drawn from 30 years of legal practice. He is equally skilled in advising businesses on commercial issues and individuals on sensitive personal matters.
Russell has specific and extensive expertise in Court of Protection work. For fifteen years now, he has been a Court-appointed Professional Deputy, and currently manages the affairs of more than 70 clients who lack mental capacity.
Russell is also an experienced social housing lawyer and, for two years, was Chair of Ealing Homes, an Arms Length Management Organisation, where he oversaw a marked improvement in the organisation's performance and results. Russell is currently the chair of Shepherds Bush Housing Group.
Russell's expertise extends to wills, post-death matters and Powers of Attorney as well as commercial and corporate advice, property, disputes and employment law. He has worked on major business sales and acquisitions, government infrastructure projects, and complex mergers.
A CEDR accredited mediator, Russell helps resolve commercial disputes. He is general editor of ADR and Commercial Disputes and regularly lectures on commercial mediation and related topics.
For more information, click here.
- Acting for banks in securing property interests
- Mediating commercial disputes including commercial contracts, educational matters, workplace disputes and certain public/private sector issues
- Acted for over 15 years for Brent Business Venture Limited, Park Royal Partnership Limited and a number of SME's on the Park Royal Estate, West London
- Lectured and written articles on commercial mediation, unfair dismissal, Working Time Directives, The European Social Chapter and the role of the European Union in UK employment law, maternity and paternity rights and work permit requirements
- General Editor of "ADR and Commercial Disputes" - a practical guide to the use of mediation in different commercial disputes
- Assistant Coroner for Westminster and Buckinghamshire
Specialist Practice Areas
- Mental capacity work
- Wills, probate and trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Elderly care legislation
- Commercial contracts
- Company formations
- Establishing commercial charities
- Commercial environmental agencies
- Company secretarial
- Reductions in capital
Specialist Industry Sectors
- Government; Public Funding Initiatives (PFIs)
- Allied Irish Bank
- Jewish Care
- Park Royal Partnership Limited
- Ealing and Hillingdon Education Business Partnership
- Solicitor: Law Society of England and Wales
- Assistant Coroner
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- Solicitors for the Elderly
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- The Coroners Society
- Chair of the Education Appeals Tribunal London Borough of Brent
- Secretary to Ealing and Hillingdon Education Business Partnership
- Former Chair of Ealing Homes